Monday, February 28, 2011

Layton is going to be baptized!

Hello Everyone,
Another week has come and gone and things are looking good down here in the great Arizona, Tucson mission!!!! Last week was really good as you know we went to the temple last week, it was really a great spiritual experience and I love the temple it seems like everytime I go into the temple I thrive to learn more and to read and understand the scriptures better! I had a really neat spiritual experience last week, we went and saw our investigator Amanda and we asked her how her progress toward baptism is coming and she pretty much shot us down and said i'll do it on my own time and that she wasn't sure about the Book Of Mormon. What she said really stuck out to me and I was thinking alot about it on the way home and it was almost eating at me, because I want to help her so bad and see that change come into her life. When I got inside I was still pondering and so I turned to my scriptures for help, throughout the week I had the sheep parable stuck in my head. The one where christ is telling his people that we are the sheep and he is the good shephard and he wants each and everyone of us to be apart of his fold. When I was reading that section of passages the spirit told me to pull out my Book of Mormon and turn to 3Nephi 15, so I did and to my happiness the chapter talks about how the people of the americas are the "other sheep I have which are not of this fold" as I read that chapter the spirit bore testimony to me that this is what Amanda needs to hear and that that will help her on her course to know for herself that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. We haven't been able to see Amanda this week, because she has been sick from being preganant, but im hoping the we'll be able to see her within the next couple of days. Also we have a baptism this saturday with Layton!!!! I'm so excited for him and his decision to enter into the waters of baptism and recieve those blessings that are prepared for him as he continues to do what is right. We also should have a couple new investigators this week if all goes according to plan. Lets see here what else did I do last week, on thursday me elder patterson and a couple othe missionaries for lunch had a bbq, it was pretty fun! Saturday morning we helped a member get her garden ready to be planted, it felt good to do something like that but the dirt was rock hard so it was a little challenging! Later that day they burned down an old house that is behind our apartments it was pretty cool to see!! Well that about raps up my week!!! Love you all and talk to you next week
Elder Bingham

No comments:

Post a Comment